The Media Buyer will be responsible for negotiating, buying, and optimizing media buys for national and local media including TV and Radio that meet the client’s goals and budget objectives. The main focus will be on TV.
The Media Buyer will leverage their analytical nature, media buying experience, and vendor relationships to effectively manage all media buys.
- Negotiate best rates with media vendors
- Ensure buys adhere to budget, client goals, and provide strong rationale for any deviations
- Secure added value, when appropriate, and ensure that schedules air/post accordingly
- Maintain media schedules on a daily basis, checking pre- and post-logs weekly
- Reporting and tracking budgets to ensure accuracy
- Bring innovative thinking and new ideas to the team
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions
- Develop a working knowledge of the client’s goals, guidelines, and strategies
- Execute and send orders, confirm schedules, monitor under delivery and maintaining media vendor relations
- Responsible for reconciling invoices and resolving buy discrepancies
- Knowledge of OTT, OOH and Podcasts a plus
- At least 3+ years Media Buying experience
- Working knowledge of direct marketing concepts, terminology, processes, and metrics
- Solid understanding of direct response media buying and analysis
- Strong time and campaign management, multitasking abilities are essential
- Will possess thorough attention to detail and proactive communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and in a group environment
How to Apply:
Email Us Your Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about working at Chief on our careers page.